Plain English - Online Course
This course is designed to give delegates the skills and awareness they need:
- To understand what good communication styles look like;
- To understand the features of a plain English style;
- To understand the importance of plain English in caring for customers/ clients/ learners;
- To realise how important writing style is in projecting an image of themselves and their organisation; and
- To avoid wasting time by getting their message across the first time.
You will need to provide evidence that you have any of the following:
- Been a resident of the UK for the past three years;
- Proof of immigration status; and
- Level 1 English Skills.
|Online Course*||Tuesday||1pm - 5pm||29/09/2020||29/09/2020|||
*Online courses are purely taught online so you can study from the comfort of your own home. This particular course is scheduled and will be Tutor led.
The benefits of this course:
This course will cover the following topics:
- Good verbal communication skills;
- Active listening techniques;
- Clarity of information;
- Matching styles with audience;
- Suggestion for clear formatting;
- Using lists/bullet/images;
- Guidance on clear writing;
- Setting out and organising good documents and letters that can be accessed with assistive technology; and
- Planning and drafting a clear document.
You will be taught in a supportive classroom environment, where professional teaching will enable understanding, progression and individual achievement.
How will progress be monitored and assessed?
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of achievement. You will be asked to provide feedback of your learning experience via a feedback form.
After completing this course, could I progress onto another course?
You may wish to progress onto further study with SAFL, for example a Functional Skills English, Maths or ICT course. Gaining a qualification at Level 2 can provide an entry point into a wide variety of career options and other further study.
Are there any additional costs?
The course fees are £21.00. Council employees can request the course via OLM.
You may wish to bring a note pad and pen/pencil. Any other materials you need for the course are provided by us.