Level 2 in Nutrition and Health
This course is suitable for: a wide range of learners with some existing knowledge of this area who are interested in improving their understanding of nutrition and healthy eating.
This qualification consists of 3 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Explore principles of healthy eating
• Unit 02 Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
• Unit 03 Use food and nutrition information to plan a health diet.
You will need to provide evidence that you have any of the following:
- Been a resident of the UK / EU for the past three years.
- Proof of immigration status
- Aged 19+
- Learners will need to demonstrate a knowledge of English at L1 as this is a portfolio based course.
Hatley Heath FETC (West Bromwich)
10am - 12pm &
12.30pm - 2.30pm
The benefits of this course
This qualification aims to:
• increase understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health
• increase confidence in planning and achieving a healthy diet
• provide an understanding of how an individual's dietary requirements change throughout their life
• raise awareness of the dietary requirements of particular individuals
• provide an understanding of food labelling and the ability to use information from food labels
• provide a basis for further study and/or career development.
Learning in a supportive environment away from the demands of normal life, where professional teaching, differentiated for individual need, will support understanding, progression and individual achievement. This class will enable you to develop knowledge, skills and understanding of healthy eating and nutrition.
All learning is supportive and safe and where professional teaching is individualised to the requirements of each learner. Learning support will be provided by the tutor. You will be taught in a classroom situation with one to one, pairs and small group work, discussion and themed activities.
How will progress be monitored and assessed?
To be awarded the Level 2 Award in Nutrition and Health learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of all 3 mandatory units. Grades are not awarded. he Level 2 Award in Nutrition and Health is internally assessed. Your individual learning goals will be agreed at the beginning of the course and recorded on your individual learning plan. The ILP will be used throughout the course to assess your progress. Progression will be monitored through assessment via observation of practical activities, marking of completed work and through group discussion. The tutor will assess your learning during the sessions and will provide you with individual feedback. You will be asked to provide feedback of your learning experience via a questionnaire.
What qualification will I get?
On successful completion you will be awarded a nationally recognised Level 2 Qualification in Nutrition and Health through awarding body NCFE.
After completing this course, could I progress onto another course?
The Tutor will discuss next steps towards the end of the course and suggest further courses/qualifications that may be appropriate.
You may wish to consider:
• Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
• Level 2 Award in Improving Personal Exercise, Health and Nutrition
• Level 2 Certificate in Nutrition and Health.
We also have I.A.G qualified staff who could advise learners on progression and other opportunities.
Are there any costs?
£322 + Registration & Examination Costs
|Concession|| £161 + Registration & Examination Costs
100% Concession if in reciept of Universal Credit, Job Seekers or Employment Support allowance.
50% Concession if aged 60+.
You may wish to bring a note pad and pen/pencil. Any other materials you need for the course are provided by us.
This course runs for 23 weeks at 4 hours per session.