Join us on 22 November 2021 between 2pm-8pm at the Ron Davis Centre, Smethwick for a drink and a chat. This is your opportunity to ask questions and to have your say on the future use of the expansion. There is no need to book for the day and everyone is welcome. Just pop by.
Find out more about the proposals below.
We have some very exciting news.
Currently, the Ron Davis Centre works with adults over the age of 19 and families. Rather than its current focussed provision and to help with lowering the waiting lists of popular courses, the expansion of the Ron Davis Centre will increase capacity, provide a wider range of services and activities, often into the evenings and weekends, to help meet the needs of Smethwick families and the wider community.
In creating a vibrant community hub through the provision of additional multipurpose spaces, the Ron Davis Centre will be able to work more closely with partner organisations to access the facilities and enable work with a wider and more inclusive age range. SAFL will provide:
· Adult Learning activities.
· Family learning inter-generational activities.
· Access to the site for school pupils at all ages and levels.
· Access to the site for Youth Services.
· Comprehensive Information, Advice and Guidance to all ages.
· Active targeting of careers advice to groups at risk / less represented in opportunities; those in alternative provision; BAME; care leavers; offenders; home educated; at risk of becoming NEET and those made redundant due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
This proposed development is for everyone to be part of and to utilise. We look forward to working with you and the community in making the Ron Davis Centre an accessible and vibrant community hub.
Published: 10 November 2021BACK TO ALL NEWS